Women in Reinsurance
As more professional women assume leadership roles in the reinsurance field, Karen Borg, Randi Ellias, Catherine Isely and Teresa Snider created an annual event discuss how the reinsurance industry is evolving. This event, hosted on the eve of the Fall ARIAS-U.S. conference, focuses on how women play a dynamic role in the future of the field. Since 2004, our goal has been to bring together women of the reinsurance industry to network, debate and learn from—and with each other—ways to enjoy the highest levels of professional success.
- 2018 - WIR regularly sponsors events of interest to professional women in the reinsurance industry and fosters networking and information sharing.
- 2017 - Acclaimed communications expert Connie Glaser was this year’s keynote speaker and she led a lively discussion on female empowerment.
- 2016 - Speaker and consultant Mariela Dabbah, author of the acclaimed Find Your Inner Red Shoes: Step Into Your Own Style of Success, was this year’s keynote speaker on the topic of female empowerment.
- 2015 - WIR regularly sponsors events of interest to professional women in the reinsurance industry and fosters networking and information sharing.
- 2014 - Author of Stiletto Network, Pamela Ryckman, discussed how women can create and mobilize their own networks, both within and outside their organizations, for career advancement and bottom-line results.
- 2013 - In her book, Developing Women Leaders: A Guide for Men and Women in Organizations, Anna Marie Valerio, Ph.D. answers the question “How do we best develop women leaders?” with practical solutions drawn from current literature and the author’s personal interviews with high-achievers in major US companies and universities. Dr. Valerio discussed how women can improve their work relationships and partner to create the next generation of leaders.
- 2012 - WIR regularly sponsors events of interest to professional women in the reinsurance industry and fosters networking and information sharing.
- 2011 - “How often have we heard ‘It’s nothing against you, it’s not personal – it’s just business’? But in fact, at work it’s never just business – it’s always personal.” Speaker Anne Kreamer, author of the brand-new book It’s Always Personal, explored the realities of emotion of in the workplace.
- 2010 - With four generations in the workplace, the issues of understanding and working well with each other grow more challenging. Generational expert Dr. Jan Ferri-Reed explained how to identify trends and preferences for each generation, bridge the gaps, and communicate with, coach, and mentor colleagues effectively.
- 2009 - Patricia "Tricia" Cook shared her expertise on how to establish and maintain your professional “brand” on a daily basis. Etiquette-savvy employees communicate effectively, represent the firm well,and are confident in all business interactions. To build successful long-term relationships, it's essential to project a high level of professionalism, poise and a polished image.