Employment law compliance counseling
In an era of increasing regulation, it is critical to have clear insight into the complex issues impacting a workplace. Guidance and advice from trusted advisors are the first line of defense to reduce employment-related risk and costs, and help protect a company from unnecessary liability.
At Porter Wright, we provide counsel throughout the employment cycle from recruiting and hiring, through performance evaluation and compensation, to disciplinary action and termination. At every step, our integrated approach takes into account not only the law, but our client's business policies, procedures and past practices. When it’s time to terminate an employee, we help avoid common pitfalls, manage litigation risk, and reduce the uncertainty that comes with ending the employment relationship.
Our preventative workplace counseling includes:
- Recruiting and hiring, including affirmative action considerations
- Leave administration
- Reasonable accommodation
- Discipline and termination
- Employment agreements and non-competition considerations
- Maintaining positive employee relations
- Workplace safety
- Sexual and other forms of harassment
- Incident investigation
- Contract/handbook analysis