Technology transfer and licensing
Our attorneys assist in product development and evaluate the acquisition, use, protection, enforcement and transfer of intellectual property rights. We prepare agreements in intellectual property transactions, including technology transfers. We are experienced in technology licensing and structuring collaborative relationships among companies, universities and government research organizations.
We help researchers and scientists with tech transfers and work with both public and private organizations to create beneficial partnerships to drive a product to market. When there is opportunity for expansion, our attorneys can structure mergers and acquisition agreements, negotiate contracts and create benefits packages. We stay ahead of legislative and regulatory developments and work to keep our clients' businesses moving in the right direction.
Specific areas include:
- Patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret protection
- Protection and management strategies
- IP audits
- Non-disclosure agreements
Our experience includes:
- Structuring and negotiating venture capital and angel investment to infuse capital at critical junctures
- Dealing with legal issues arising in the clinical trial process, including compliance with regulatory and institutional review board requirements
- Structuring and negotiating technology licenses for government, universities and other research institutions
- Prosecuting and licensing patents and other intellectual property
- Acquiring and disposing of technology assets and business units, including mergers and acquisitions
- Structuring and negotiating joint venture, manufacturing and distribution agreements