Environmental litigation is more than just going to court. Environmental regulations always are increasing in complexity and stringency, raising the costs of everything from obtaining a permit to challenging a new regulation. When combined with more aggressive enforcement by federal and state governments, as well as active citizen groups, the threat of environmental litigation at every level remains strong and the stakes have never been higher. When a company is sued over alleged violations of environmental laws or a critical permit or approval is challenged, having the right team in place to defend its interests is essential to keeping business on track.
With extensive experience defending complex environmental cases in both state and federal courts, the comprehensive know-how to challenge new regulatory requirements at every level and the practical experience to shepherd even the most complicated regulatory approval through a contested administrative process, our attorneys are able to develop practical and effective approaches to shape the most cost-effective, workable and responsible solutions to our clients’ environmental issues.
Our administrative, civil and criminal litigation experience includes:
- Defending clients against state and federal enforcement cases and citizen suits brought under all environmental programs
- Prosecuting appeals of federal and state program rules, orders and permit actions
- Representing clients in Superfund cost recovery and contribution actions throughout the United States
- Representing clients before utility siting boards, state and federal environmental agencies and local planning and zoning agencies in permitting and licensing matters
- Assisting clients in obtaining contested permits and approvals before local, state and federal administrative tribunals