Probate, trust and guardianship litigation
Most estate, trust and guardianship matters proceed smoothly and without issues. But when there are questions about the interpretation of a will or trust, concerns about the care of a minor child, disabled person or elderly adult, issues with fiduciary management of an estate or trust, or inquiries about inheritance rights, having an experienced advocate makes all the difference.
Whether our client is a beneficiary, an executor, a trustee or guardian, our attorneys understand the delicate context these disputes create. Working in tandem with our estate planning, tax and asset-protection attorneys, we bring the skills, creative thinking and legal acumen to help resolve whatever issue comes into play.
We regularly handle issues including:
- Will and trust contests
- Challenges to actions by the trustees
- Challenges to guardianship of a child, elderly adult or disabled individual
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Challenges to fiduciary fees
- Pursuit and defense of creditors’ claims
- Allegations of elder abuse and financial exploitation
- Judicial construction of wills and trusts
- Reformation, modification or termination of trusts
- Estate and gift tax audits and controversies
We work thoughtfully with all parties to attempt to resolve issues before they become disputes, but when litigation is necessary, we protect interests with the vigor and sensitivity required by the situation.