Oil and gas
As our nation’s energy needs mature and efforts to promote energy security through domestic production increase, the U.S. oil and gas industry continues to experience rapid growth. Such development is readily apparent in the Marcellus and Utica Shale plays in Eastern Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and surrounding regions. Businesses looking to launch or expand operations in this area must anticipate and address legal factors and potential risks to evaluate opportunities related to the production and transportation of energy resources. Porter Wright has the experience and know-how to help in these efforts.
We work with companies involved in energy production, distribution and transportation, and our attorneys have developed a proficiency in the many areas of law associated with the oil and gas industry, including those affecting producers, transporters and ancillary businesses supporting the industry. We represent some of the largest energy producers, shippers and other industry-related businesses, advising them on day-to-day operational, governance, employment, financing, real property and contracting issues; providing guidance on complex transactions; navigating a unique regulatory environment and advocating their interests in litigation. Working closely with clients to understand their specific business approach and position, we help to create workable, cost-effective solutions for our clients.
We provide comprehensive legal services to our oil and gas-focused clients, including:
- Labor and employment, including OSHA and workers' compensation matters
- Pipeline logistics
- Pipeline construction, purchase and sale
- Real estate and oil and gas conveyances, including oil field titles
- Project finance
- Tax considerations and incentives
- Regulatory permitting and regulation
- Corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- Business competition, advice and litigation
- Government and regulatory affairs
- Unmanned and autonomous systems (Drones and driverless vehicles)
Porter Wright is proud to have been named a “Recommended firm for Utilities” by clients in BTI’s 2017 Industry Power Rankings.