Selling to local, state and federal governments can be good business. But to succeed, a business needs to know how to navigate government procurement procedures and protect interests when problems arise.
We understand the government procurement process from the inside out. Attorney Scott North was instrumental in reforming Ohio’s procurement procedures during his tenure as Ohio Governor Strickland’s Special Representative on Regulatory Reform and attorney Jim King performed procurement work during his tenure with the Office of the Secretary of the Army. With a broad base of experience, we help with procurement issues at the local, state and federal level, including:
- Responding to governmental competitive selection opportunities, such as requests for proposals (RFPs), the state term schedule, cooperative purchase agreements, reverse auctions, strategic sourcing, bid requests and set-aside and preference programs
- Advising as to Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) issues
- Securing and maintaining certification as minority business enterprises, women-owned businesses and disadvantaged businesses
- Fulfilling employment diversity requirements
- Defending challenges to contract awards
- Contesting lost contracts
From construction and supply contracts to contracts related to providing the full spectrum of services needed to keep government agencies going, we use our experience to help our clients achieve their governmental sales goals.