Porter Wright attorneys represent insurance companies, reinsurance companies and insureds in all aspects of insurance coverage litigation. We represent clients in coverage disputes both before the federal and state courts, and in arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution settings. In addition, we have litigated dozens of coverage cases to conclusion, including several large matters that have gone to trial.
Our experience spans the spectrum of first-party, third-party, primary, excess, reinsurance and London market policies. We represent clients in coverage matters as diverse as claims for:
- Bodily and personal injury
- Real and personal property damage
- Product liability, including asbestos-related claims and toxic torts
- Environmental contamination
- Construction, including commercial property and business interruption
- Professional errors and omissions
- Directors and officers liability
- Health care, life and disability, including ERISA
- Commercial vehicles and uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Insurance bad faith and other extra-contractual issues
We also assist clients with comprehensive coverage strategies when faced with broad liability, such as mass tort, product liability, class action and multidistrict litigation claims. We have served as national and regional coverage counsel for insurers and litigation coordinating counsel for insureds. In that capacity, our attorneys have managed thousands of cases, involving millions of documents and hundreds of witnesses.