Non-competition and trade secrets litigation
Working hard to achieve and maintain competitive advantages, businesses may build customer lists, develop trade secrets or protect innovations through patents, trademarks and copyrights. But maintaining a competitive advantage also requires enforceable non-competition, non-solicitation and non-recruitment agreements – and the willingness to take steps, when necessary, to enforce those agreements. Through decades of experience and hundreds of successful cases, we have helped clients successfully protect their competitive advantages.
We start by preparing and negotiating enforceable clauses and agreements. Then, if issues arise, we work with our clients to enforce the terms of those agreements. Further, if a client is planning to hire employees from a competitor, we can help them do it lawfully and avoid potential lawsuits. We attempt to protect our clients' rights and help them obtain the relief to which they are entitled, first through informal means, when possible, and then through litigation or arbitration when necessary.
Our work includes:
- Non-competition, non-solicitation, non-recruitment, trade secret, confidentiality and intellectual property agreements
- Informal dispute resolution and settlement
- Evidence gathering, including fact investigation and forensic computer analysis
- Temporary restraining orders and permanent injunctions
- Arbitration, mediation and litigation
- Advice and litigation of anti-competitive or unfair business competition claims