Maintaining the safety of a company's workforce has become increasingly complex as regulations continue to shift. Porter Wright works with businesses to meet the challenge of compliance with myriad federal and state regulations that protect a worker’s right to a safe work environment.
Whether our client is self insured or a state-funded employer, we help manage overall workers’ compensation programs with the objective of decreasing a company’s workers’ compensation costs. We work with clients to reduce the risk of workplace injuries and disease, and to return any injured or ill employees to the workplace as quickly as possible.
In addition, we help contest invalid claims, investigate circumstances of suspected abuse and fraud, and manage company ratings and premiums. Our attorneys are skilled and experienced at handling administrative filings and proceedings with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and the Industrial Commission. When workers’ compensation issues reach the courts, we have the experience to aggressively defend our clients' interests.
Our services include:
- Representation before the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and the Industrial Commission
- Representation before OSHA and MSHA
- Defense of Violation of Specific Safety Regulations (VSSR) claims
- Defense of intentional tort lawsuits
- Defense in trial and appellate courts
- Privileged accident investigations
- Resolution of administrative health and safety citations
- Assistance with assessments, audits and ratings issues
- Educational seminars
- Advice and consultation