Becca helps employers proactively manage their workforce issues to help them reduce their risk and improve the productivity of their workforce. She focuses her practice on defending and managing workers’ compensation claims, including allegations of violations of specific safety rules and permanent total disability claims. She represents employers throughout Ohio before the Industrial Commission and the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
As a former engineer, Becca considers the broader economic impact of workforce issues. She brings a creative problem solving approach to each matter and works with clients to find an innovative solution to the issue at hand.
Her practice also includes arguing on behalf of employers with rating, classification and premium issues before the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Adjudicating Committee and the Self-Insured Review Panel. In addition to her practice before administrative agencies, Becca represents employers in workers’ compensation appeals to Ohio state courts, including mandamus actions.
She regularly advises employers regarding how workers’ compensation claims may implicate other laws and how to proceed. She also counsels employers on day-to-day workforce issues and their legal obligations to their employees, including how to maintain a safe work environment, handbook review, policy considerations, employee relations, unemployment compensation, and hiring and termination practices.
Becca is a frequent contributor to the firm’s Employer Law Report Blog.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Purdue University (B.S., 1999)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation, Ohio Ambassador
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Workers Compensation Section, former Chair
- Cleveland SHRM, former Legislative Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year,” Employment Law - Management, Cleveland, 2023
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs Shining Star Award, 2007
- Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Program, Women as Entrepreneurs: Fostering Economic Growth and Strengthening Communities (one of 12 international women chosen to attend)
- Cleveland Leadership Center, former Board of Directors
- Cleveland Leadership Council, former Chair
- Leadership Cleveland, Advisory Committee Member
- Journey Center for Safety and Healing, HR Committee
- Mandel Course for Advanced Leadership, 2014
- Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland, St. Petersburg Task Force
- Cleveland Bridge Builders Class of 2012, Advisory Committee Member
- Mandel Symposium for Leadership Class of 2012
- Purdue Alumni Club of Cleveland, past President
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Board Member
- Anti-Defamation League of Cleveland, former Board Member