Becca helps employers proactively manage their workforce issues to help them reduce their risk and improve the productivity of their workforce. She is co-chair of the firm’s Workplace Safety Practice Group and works with clients to defend and manage workers’ compensation claims, including allegations of violations of specific safety rules and permanent total disability claims.
A former engineer, Becca considers the broader economic impact of workforce issues. She brings a creative problem-solving approach to each matter and works with clients to find an innovative solution to the issue at hand.
Becca represents employers throughout Ohio before the Industrial Commission and the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. She argues on behalf of employers with rating, classification and premium issues before the BWC Adjudicating Committee and the Self-Insured Review Panel. In addition to her practice before administrative agencies, Becca represents employers in workers’ compensation appeals to Ohio state courts, including mandamus actions.
She regularly advises employers regarding how workers’ compensation claims may implicate other laws and how to proceed. Becca also has defended workers’ compensation retaliation actions.
A recognized leader in the field, Becca has been selected to serve as an Ohio ambassador for the Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation.
Employment law compliance counseling
Becca counsels employers on day-to-day workforce issues and their legal obligations to their employees, including how to maintain a safe work environment, handbook review, policy considerations, employee relations, unemployment compensation, and hiring and termination practices.
In addition, Becca counsels employers on leave administration and reasonable accommodation solutions. She advises on Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policy administration and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Becca works to help guide clients and ensure compliance between the potential complexities of FLMA, ADA and workers’ compensations statutes.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Purdue University (B.S., 1999)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation, Ohio Ambassador
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Workers Compensation Section, former Chair
- Cleveland SHRM, former Legislative Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year,” Employment Law - Management, Cleveland, 2023
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2021
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Shining Star Award
- Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Program, Women as Entrepreneurs: Fostering Economic Growth and Strengthening Communities (one of 12 international women chosen to attend)
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs, Board Member, HR Committee
- Journey Center for Safety and Healing, HR Committee
- Leadership Cleveland, Advisory Committee Member
- Cleveland Leadership Center, former Board of Directors
- Cleveland Leadership Council, former Chair
- Purdue Alumni Club of Cleveland, past President
- Anti-Defamation League of Cleveland, former Board Member
- Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland, St. Petersburg Task Force
- Cleveland Bridge Builders, Class of 2012, Advisory Committee Member
- Mandel Course for Advanced Leadership, 2014
- Mandel Symposium for Leadership, Class of 2012