Immigration and cross-border employment
We understand the complex policies and procedures surrounding immigration and cross-border employment. Our teams can help secure the appropriate visas and employment authorizations needed to allow foreign national workers to contribute to company success.
Porter Wright attorneys handle employment immigration concerns such as visas for non-citizens, work authorizations, naturalization and employer compliance with employment eligibility verification (form I-9) rules. We stay current with the ever-changing policies of the governmental agencies involved in immigration, including United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor and the State Department, so we can help our clients avoid delays getting the right person into their business.
Our business immigration services include:
- Visas for specialty occupations (H-1B)
- Intracompany transfer visas (L-1A and L-1B)
- International trade and investment visas (E-1 and E-2)
- Labor certification applications through the permanent labor certification process (PERM)
- Employment- and family-based permanent resident status (i.e. “green card” applications)
- “Extraordinary” alien visas (O-1)
- Outstanding researcher and professor petitions
- Employment eligibility verification compliance