Immigration and cross-border employment
Immigration is a necessary consideration for any company contemplating or conducting business operations in the United States. Careful planning is often necessary, as the appropriate visa may not be readily available. We understand these complex policies and procedures and can help secure the appropriate visas and employment authorizations needed to allow foreign workers to contribute to company success.
We handle employment immigration concerns such as visas, work authorizations, naturalization and employer compliance with employment eligibility verification (form I-9) rules. We stay current with the ever-changing policies of the governmental agencies involved in immigration, including United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor and the State Department, so we can help our clients avoid delays getting the right person into their business.
Our business immigration services include:
- Visas for specialty occupations — H-1B
- Intracompany transfer visas — L-1A and L-1B
- International trade and investment visas — E-1 and E-2
- Labor certification (PERM) applications
- Employment- and family-based permanent resident status (i.e. “green card” applications)
- “Extraordinary” alien visas — O-1
- Outstanding researcher and professor petitions
- Employment eligibility verification compliance