Practicing business immigration, Laura counsels employers and employees on immigration matters. Laura has helped her clients secure permanent maneuver through the immigration maze successfully securing their ability to remain in the United States, both temporarily and permanently.
Laura has represented colleges, universities, hospitals and their employees, in H-1B, TN and L-1A nonimmigrant petitions, E-3 visa applications, outstanding professor and researcher petitions, national interest waiver petitions, J-1 foreign residency requirement waivers, LCAs and LCA appeals. Moreover, Laura has represented employees in immigrant petitions, including K-1 fiancé petitions, spousal petitions and naturalization applications among others.
With experience in the private and public sector, Laura has the knowledge to guide clients in a myriad of matters across varying cultural backgrounds. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2000)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association, Professional Ethics Committee
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation, Leadership Institute, Class of 2018-2019
- Ohio State Bar Association, Community Service Award, 2013
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus Naturalization Clinics, Volunteer
- Columbus International Festival, Planning Committee Member, January 2016-2019
- Hispanic Chamber of Columbus, Board of Trustees, July 2009-January 2015; Secretary July 2010-January 2015