Laura counsels employers and employees on business immigration matters and serves as co-chair of the firm’s Immigration Practice Group. She has helped her clients secure permanent maneuver through the immigration maze successfully securing their ability to remain in the United States, both temporarily and permanently.
Laura has represented colleges, universities, hospitals and their employees, in H-1B, TN and L-1A nonimmigrant petitions, E-3 visa applications, outstanding professor and researcher petitions, national interest waiver petitions, J-1 foreign residency requirement waivers, LCAs and LCA appeals. Moreover, Laura has represented employees in immigrant petitions, including K-1 fiancé petitions, spousal petitions and naturalization applications among others.
With experience in the private and public sector, Laura has the knowledge to guide clients in a myriad of matters across varying cultural backgrounds. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2000)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Executive Committee, Ohio Chapter Treasurer
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association, Board of Governors, Professional Ethics Committee
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation, Leadership Institute, Class of 2018-2019
- Ohio State Bar Association, Community Service Award, 2013
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus Naturalization Clinics, Volunteer
- Columbus International Festival, Planning Committee Member, 2016-2019
- Hispanic Chamber of Columbus, Board of Trustees, 2009-2015; Secretary 2010- 2015
- Spanish, fluent