While a specific job or opportunity may not be listed, Porter Wright is always interested in receiving highly qualified resumes for legal secretarial and administrative positions.
Please be assured that cover letters and resumes will be reviewed by our personnel department and applicants will be contacted directly should there be a suitable open position.
David G. Zimmerman
Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, a leading full service law firm with over 200 attorneys and eight offices throughout the Midwest, is seeking a marketing assistant to work from the firm’s headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. This position facilitates the smooth administrative functioning of the marketing and business development department and is an integral part of the team. Responsibilities include: billing; corporate gifts and collateral; surveys and directory listings; email marketing; CRM maintenance; photography and advertising coordination; and event assistance.
Keen attention to detail, the ability to work with confidential information and strong problem-solving skills are required. The ideal candidate must be a highly-motivated self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects and deadlines. They have exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, website CMS and some Adobe design software. Experience in professional services marketing is a plus, but not required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, a leading full service law firm with over 200 attorneys and eight offices throughout the Midwest, is seeking an experienced professional to fill its financial accounting manager role.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing staff responsible for financial reporting, payroll, accounts payable and taxes
- Managing the payroll system, monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting
- Producing tax returns for various entities including partnerships and C Corps
- Sales and use tax compliance
- Daily cash management
- Facilitating yearly audit completed by an outside accounting firm
- Maintaining bank relationships and manage yearly renewals
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting and tax
- Knowledge of partnership accounting and taxation; including state and local taxation
- Proficient in tax software i.e. CCH Prosystems, Ultratax, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and payroll systems; ADP experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required
Resumes should be submitted to David G. Zimmerman, Recruiting and Human Resources Manager at [email protected]