While a specific job or opportunity may not be listed, Porter Wright is always interested in receiving highly qualified resumes for legal secretarial and administrative positions.
Please be assured that cover letters and resumes will be reviewed by our personnel department and applicants will be contacted directly should there be a suitable open position.
David G. Zimmerman
Duties include overseeing all aspects of the Pittsburgh Office to help the office run smoothly, including:
- Recruit, onboard, train, supervise, counsel and manage resource allocation of all support staff;
- Orient and integrate new attorneys;
- Perform annual performance evaluations of all support staff;
- Oversee all administrative staff, process time sheets in timely manner for payroll;
- Complete requests for payments for vendors;
- Manage office petty cash, emergency check requests, make bank deposits;
- Conduct staff meetings, develop, encourage and motivate staff to set and accomplish goals;
- Assist with local accounting cycle of clients, including opening new matters, budgeting, billing and collections as needed;
- Assist all support staff when needed;
- Oversee and assist with all office operations, including vendor management functions, contract review and compliance, work flow processes, IT systems/business equipment, office supplies, inventory control, reception, office services, records management, space allocation, safety (First Aid kit upkeep and training) and special projects;
- Serve as local office on-site IT liaison, working in conjunction with firm’s IT department, to troubleshoot and repair equipment, local machines and IT server;
- Work closely with administrative groups in main office to communicate and implement firm-wide and local procedures and policies;
- Work with building management to coordinate HVAC requests, vendor certificates of insurance, suite security requirements;
- Coordinate and assist with office services including mail, facsimile, copying, scanning;
- Coordinate and assist with office and client social events for attorneys and staff; and
- Cover Billing Coordinator issues.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years of law firm management experience.
The position will be located in the Pittsburgh office and will report to the partner-in-charge of the Pittsburgh office and the human resources director.
Resumes should be submitted to David G. Zimmerman, recruiting and human resources manager at [email protected]