Please be assured that cover letters and resumes will be reviewed by our personnel department and applicants will be contacted directly should there be a suitable open position. Information may be sent directly to David Zimmerman.
David G. Zimmerman
Porter Wright is hiring an entry level candidate to provide support for business development initiatives across the firm. Partners with Manager of Business Development (MBD) to identify and recommend opportunities for attorney business development, growth of existing client relationships and presence in targeted industry sectors. Serves as key administrative point on business development efforts.
Qualifications and Skills:
Must be self-motivated, display a strong work-ethic and motivated to take ownership of assigned projects. Must show intellectual curiosity, attitude/aptitude for client service and dedication to building a career in professional services. Must be willing to work in a collaborative and cohesive manner with all members of the firm’s Marketing and BD teams. Must be highly organized, comfortable in deadline driven environments and able to manage multiple projects. ;Must be willing to coordinate with MBD on prioritization of initiatives and projects. Must be willing to offer creative ideas, suggest opportunities, and research initiatives. Strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation – are essential.
- Prepare relevant pre/post meeting and prospect research and materials
- Work with MBD and marketing team for creation and production of materials, proposals and RFPs
- Create presentations for a variety of internal and external contexts
- Coordinate updates to collateral
- Partner with MBD and marketing team to execute and track ROI on business development efforts
- Work directly with the MBD and practice group leaders to coordinate aspects of internal education meetings
- Serve as liaison with the Senior Marketing Coordinator on event logistics (communications, distribution list, material preparation, onsite coverage and follow-up opportunities)
Manager of Business Development
Two or more years in professional services experience with a business development emphasis preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Understanding of CRM strongly encouraged.