While a specific job or opportunity may not be listed, Porter Wright is always interested in receiving highly qualified resumes for legal secretarial and administrative positions.
Please be assured that cover letters and resumes will be reviewed by our personnel department and applicants will be contacted directly should there be a suitable open position.
David G. Zimmerman
The Applications Engineer is responsible for installation, configuration, and maintaining firm desktop application systems. As a team member of the User Technology Experience team, the Applications Engineer will deliver exceptional technical solutions, maintain a team-first attitude and provide excellent customer service to the firm's attorneys and staff.
- Install, configure, improve and maintain the firm's core software platforms (see Platform Expertise below)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to business systems and desktop applications
- Create and update clear and professional technical documentation
- Maintain overall desktop experience through updates, automation, and configuration changes
- Continuously improve user experiences by improving and streamlining processes and practices
- Configure and maintain a test environment that closely mirrors the firm’s production systems
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Team to implement and maintain firm infrastructure policies and best practices
The Applications Engineer is responsible for Tier 2 support of user facing hardware and software systems.
Duties & skills associated with this function:
- Provide telephone and in-person support to users and teammates
- Provide clear and professional verbal and written communication, including: how-to, status updates, and issue-resolution documentation
- Perform effective escalation through knowledge of departmental structure and resource expertise
The Applications Engineer uses expertise in the following systems to perform core job functions:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Systems Center (SCCM)
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Microsoft IIS
- Application Packaging and Deployment
- PowerShell/VBS Scripting
- Microsoft Office & Office 365
- Legal Time & Billing systems (Aderant Expert)
- Document and Records Management systems (iManage Work, IRM)
- CRM (Lexis Interaction)
- Legal document assembly software (BEC LegalBar)
- Asset Management (Vizor)
Primary Work functions or special projects may require the following: act as on-call, travel out-of-state, work on weekends or nights. Other duties as assigned. This job requires the ability to lift and relocate objects weighing up to 70lbs without assistance.
Our Columbus office has an open position for a Paralegal with 1 to 3 years of experience in litigation and/or real estate work to help manage busy eminent domain practice and to assist with general litigation, trial preparation and management/tracking of dozens of such matters. Must be detail-oriented. Experience organizing and managing numerous files under the supervision of a team of attorneys a plus.