While a specific job or opportunity may not be listed, Porter Wright is always interested in receiving highly qualified resumes for legal secretarial and administrative positions.
Please be assured that cover letters and resumes will be reviewed by our personnel department and applicants will be contacted directly should there be a suitable open position.
David G. Zimmerman
Porter Wright, a Midwestern-based, full-service law firm with an established and growing Washington, DC office seeks a Republican-focused lobbyist to help lead a newly established federal lobbying presence. Strong relationships on Capitol Hill and an entrepreneurial outlook are a must. Policy background or government experience focused on DoD, energy, healthcare or government contracting preferred but not required. Experience successfully representing clients before the White House, Congress and federal agencies is a plus. A juris doctor, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus but not required. Candidates should have at least a $500,000 existing book of business.
Please send detailed cover letter and resume to David Zimmerman, Recruiting Manager, at [email protected]
Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, a leading full service law firm with over 175 attorneys and nine offices throughout the Midwest and Florida, is seeking an experienced professional to fill its Human Resources Director role.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for oversight and direction of the firm's Human Resources department. The Human Resources Director provides leadership across the firm in fostering communication between and among attorneys and staff and in developing employee relations practices that encourage positive employer-employee relationships and conflict resolution.
The Human Resources Director partners with the firm's senior management to make recommendations and suggestions regarding development and implementation of personnel and administrative policies that are consistent with the firm's long-term goals and objectives. The Human Resources Director provides management of and support of the firm’s personnel and their roles in supporting the goals of the firm.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement the personnel strategies in alignment with the firm’s overall business objectives. Work with senior management to identify and prioritize personnel initiatives and projects that support the firm’s goals.
- Budgeting: Responsible for creating and managing the budgets for all non-partner personnel, as well as associate development programs, recruiting, benefit programs, and learning and development and diversity initiatives and ongoing programs. Responsible for monitoring annual wage and salary information to ensure compatibility with job markets.
- Associate Development: Responsible for working with the Department Chairs, Partners-in-Charge of Firm Offices, and the Partner-in-Charge of Professional Personnel to provide support on comprehensive training, mentoring and development programs for the firm’s associates.
- Performance Appraisals: Responsible for working with the Department Chairs, Partners-in-Charge of Firm Offices, the Partner-in-Charge of Professional Personnel and the Office Administrators to prepare performance appraisals for associates, paralegals, para-professionals and support staff and to prepare performance improvement plans and progressive discipline plans for those who are not meeting standards.
- Onboarding: Responsible for onboarding of all new hires.
- Summer Associate Program: Manages the summer clerk program across all offices.
- Operations: Oversee the day to day operations of the firm from a personnel perspective.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of HR professionals, supporting them as needed and providing coaching and development opportunities as appropriate. Create a positive and productive work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in HR management in a professional service organization, with a proven track record of creating a collaborative atmosphere and positive communications.
Reports to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Partner.
Resumes should be submitted to Linda Morris at [email protected].