Bob is partner in the firm’s Environmental Practice with an emphasis in matters involving the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, Ohio VAP, CERCLA, FIFRA, TSCA, DOT and RCRA matters, wetlands regulation, pretreatment requirements, state and local environmental statutes and regulations, and lender and fiduciary liability issues. With 27 years of environmental law experience, his clients include large corporate entities, developers, entrepreneurs and municipalities.
Bob’s practice crosses nearly all of the major environmental programs, and includes permitting, compliance, criminal and civil defense, drafting of real estate, and other corporate/business documents. He has successfully briefed and argued numerous appellate and Supreme Court of Ohio cases.
Bob advises a variety of clients in the chemical and oil and gas industries. He has experience and knowledge on a wide range of energy and mineral issues, including oil and gas disputes and transactional matters; oil and gas litigation, including appellate practice; property and mineral title issues, including mineral rights disputes, Ohio Dormant Minerals Act, forfeiture and royalty disputes; and regulatory and enforcement actions before Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Ohio Courts, representing clients in all actions including mandatory pooling and unitization proceedings.
Before entering private practice, Bob was a former Assistant Ohio Attorney General where he managed more than 250 water and multimedia civil and criminal enforcement actions in various courts. His legal representation included the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) before State and Federal Courts. Bob has been named to the Ohio Super Lawyers® list and is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® in Environmental Law. He has appeared on the list of “Who’s Who in Energy” by Columbus Business First.
- Vermont Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Wright State University (B.A., 1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Environmental Section, former Co-Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association
- National Brownfield Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Environmental Law and Litigation – Environmental
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Columbus Business First, Who's Who in Energy
- Ohio Attorney General, Professionalism Award, 2001
- National Association of Attorneys General, Environmental Issues, CAFO working group, Ohio Representative, 1998-2002
- Conference of Government Mining Attorneys, Chairperson, 1992-1993