Michael is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department. For more than 30 years, he has worked with clients on complex litigation cases involving antitrust, contract, insurance, intellectual property and trade secrets, often involving novel issues. Michael also is an experienced counselor, litigating and providing in-depth strategic advice on class action litigation.
In addition, Michael brings a decade of prior experience working for the Cook County State's Attorney's Office where he conducted numerous grand jury investigations, tried hundreds of cases including countless gang murder cases, and wrote and argued tens of appeals in the appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court and the Illinois Supreme Court.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1980)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1977)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Leading Lawyers
- Illinois Leading Lawyers