Katja chairs the firm’s International Business & Trade Practice Group. She serves clients in a range of privacy and international business matters, from complex international transactions to global privacy compliance. As a German native, her unique perspective, experience and counsel bridge the gap that often exists from a legal and cultural perspective.
Katja works with international businesses on a number of transactional matters. She routinely advises clients on matters related to cross-border transactions, contract negotiation and entity formation. She also has experience guiding business owners as they wind down their businesses.
Katja’s robust privacy and data security experience serves clients domestically and abroad. As a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E), Katja creates and manages policies and procedures to ensure clients are in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). She also has experience serving her clients as an external data protection officer (DPO).
Clients rely on Katja for her dedication to client service and creative approach to problem solving – even with the most nuanced legal issues. She advises clients with regard to buying and selling businesses, analyzing risk and facilitating appropriate due diligence. She regularly assists companies of all sizes with negotiating commercial agreements between domestic and international parties.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Juristische Fakultät der Universität Passau (law degree, 2011)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), National Representative for the United States
- German-American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, International & Graduate Affairs Advisory Council, Co-Chair
- European American Chamber of Commerce (EACC)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), KnowledgeNet former Co-Chair, Columbus Chapter
- Ohio State Bar Association, Advisory Council on Diversity Initiatives (ACDI) Committee
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E), 2020
- Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, Mentor
- German, native