Tracey focuses her practice in commercial and employment litigation matters, serves as the partner-in-charge of the firm's Cleveland office and chairs the Class Action Practice. She has also served in a number of other leadership roles, including as chair of the firm’s Product Liability Practice.
Tracey has represented corporations and individuals in cases involving contracts, covenants not to compete, trade secret, intellectual property, warranty and product liability claims. In the area of employment litigation, she has represented clients in cases alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation and FMLA violations. Tracey has significant experience litigating and resolving complex discovery issues and has successfully tried commercial disputes and employment cases before juries in both state and federal courts.
She is co-author of the book Spoliation of Evidence: Sanctions and Remedies for Destruction of Evidence in Civil Litigation, Third Edition, published by the American Bar Association in 2013.
Tracey has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®, including its Top 25 Women in Cleveland and Top 50 Women in Ohio in 2020, and in Crain’s Cleveland “Forty Under 40.” She has also been listed in Best Lawyers® in the area of Commercial Litigation.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Hamilton College (B.A., with honors, 1991)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Women in Law Section, past Chair, Justice for All Committee, past Chair
- Defense Research Institute, Commercial Litigation Committee, Chair, 2019-present; Vice Chair, 2017-2019; Membership Chair, 2016-2017; Program Chair, 2016; Women in the Law Steering Committee, 2014-present
- International Association of Defense Counsel, January 2020-present
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, Mentoring Circle Leader
- William K. Thomas Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, “Top 25 Women Cleveland Super Lawyers,” 2018, 2020
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, “Top 50 Women Ohio Super Lawyers,” 2020
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation and Employment Law - Management
- Crain’s Cleveland “Forty Under 40”
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Women in Law Making a Difference, Honoree
- Towards Employment, Board Member, 2012-present; HR Committee, Chair, 2017-present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Success in Law School Mentoring Program, 2020-present
- College Now Mentor, 2020-present
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2014
- Learning Disabilities Association of Northeast Ohio, Board Member, 2008-2012
- Cleveland Bridge Builders, Class of 2006
- National Conference for Community and Justice, Lead Diversity Class of 2005
- Cleveland Marshall School of Law, Discovery and Motion Practice, Adjunct Faculty, Spring 2001