Ted is a transactional and trial lawyer focusing his practice on corporate, health care, banking and real estate matters. He serves as partner-in-charge of the firm’s Naples office and co-chair of the LGBTQ+ Business practice group.
Ted regularly works with professionals with the establishment, structure, purchase, and sale of medical, dental, and veterinary practices. He assists in the creation of holding companies and conduit and professional entities, the conversion of medical and dental practices to concierge practices, and the drafting and review of real estate and equipment leases. In addition, he works to resolve labor and employment issues related to medical and dental practices, including non-compete provisions, non-solicitation provisions, and compensation, benefits and termination issues.
Ted's real estate practice encompasses residential and commercial projects, representing developers, associations, owners and lenders in planned communities, homeowners’ associations, condominium associations, shopping centers and lease transactions. Ted drafts and litigates governing documents for associations and provides guidance to his clients on the ever-changing laws affecting these entities.
His experience with financial institution work includes negotiating and drafting for construction lending, secured lending, asset-based lending, bridge financing, leasing, securitizations, syndications, participations, letters of credit, and Export-Import Bank guarantees. Ted advises financial institutions on compliance issues, including the USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Federal Reserve regulations and state regulations. In addition to corporate transactional work such as entity formation, contract negotiation and drafting, Ted represents his clients in State and Federal court in complex civil litigation.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- American University (B.A., 1985)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- Collier County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law
- Naples Illustrated, Top Lawyers, Real Estate Law
- Civil Traffic Infraction Hearing Office, 20th Judicial Circuit
- Immokalee High School Mock Trial Team Attorney Coach
- 20th Judicial Circuit High School Moot Court Competition Judge
- Florida Bar International Law Certification Committee, Current Member and past Chair and Vice-Chair
- Collier Senior Resources, Former Member of Board of Directors
- Leadership Collier, Class of 2006
- American Red Cross, Collier County Chapter, past Member of Board of Directors
- Avow Hospice PAWS Committee, past Chairman
- Pelican Landing Governing Documents Task Force, Chairman