Karim is an experienced corporate transactional attorney with extensive experience drafting and negotiating real estate purchase agreements, commercial leases, supply agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements and various business contracts. In addition, Karim counsels clients in connection with a range of business transactions including the purchase and sale of real estate, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, emerging and privately held companies, manufacturing facilities, and electronic financial service providers. In this capacity, Karim routinely conducts due diligence reviews, obtains regulatory approvals, and negotiates and documents transactions. His experience also extends to advising public clients on corporate governance under NYSE and NASDAQ listing standards, securities law compliance, 1934 Act reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
Karim uses his wide-ranging business experience to help companies grow and prosper.
Karim advises wireless telecommunications carriers on matters of new cell site deployment to build out legacy and state-of-the-art wireless technologies nationwide. His experience includes providing counsel on issues and opportunities related to 3G and 4G LTE upgrades using macro, distributed antenna system (DAS), micro and small cell technologies. This also includes negotiating DAS, small cell, and Wi-Fi agreements with large venues and stadiums, as well as with small businesses.
Karim previously serviced as an in-house attorney at Limited Brands, Inc., where he drafted and negotiated commercial lease agreements for Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Express, and The Limited, including various high profile shopping center and mixed-use developments throughout the United States. Before pursuing a legal career, Karim was a community development officer helping low-to-moderate-income communities obtain banking services, suitable lending products and critical lending-based education.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business (M.B.A., 2003)
- Talladega College (B.A., 1996)
- Columbus Bar Association, Minorities in the Law, Co-Chairman
- Ohio State Bar Association, Law and Leadership Institute, Facilitator
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Honors & Awards
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under Forty
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2010-2013
- Directions for Youth and Families, Inc., Board Member
- Wexner Center for the Arts, Directors Circle Member
- Law & Leadership Institute, Volunteer, Mentor
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Adjunct Law Professor