Karim is an experienced corporate transactional attorney with extensive experience drafting and negotiating real estate purchase agreements, commercial leases, supply agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements and various business contracts. In addition, Karim counsels clients in connection with a range of business transactions including the purchase and sale of real estate, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, emerging and privately held companies, manufacturing facilities and electronic financial service providers. Karim also advises wireless telecommunications carriers on matters of new cell site deployment to build out legacy and state-of-the-art wireless technologies nationwide.
Karim uses his wide-ranging business experience to help companies grow and prosper.
Karim previously served as a real estate attorney at L Brands, Inc., where he negotiated a variety of real estate agreements for Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Express and The Limited, including various high profile shopping center and mixed-use developments throughout the United States. Before pursuing a legal career, Karim was a community development officer helping low-to-moderate-income communities obtain banking services, suitable lending products and critical lending-based education.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business (M.B.A., 2003)
- Talladega College (B.A., 1996)
- Columbus Bar Association, Minorities in the Law, Co-Chairman
- Ohio State Bar Association, Law and Leadership Institute, Facilitator
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law and Real Estate Law
- Columbus Business First, Outstanding Diversity Champion
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2010-2013
- Law & Leadership Institute, Board Member
- Columbus Women’s Commission, Commissioner
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2018
- Wexner Center for the Arts, Director’s Circle Member
- Directions for Youth and Families, Inc., former Board Member
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Adjunct Law Professor