- Lead trial counsel on behalf of one of nation’s largest egg producers in two separate jury trials – a class action and an opt out case – alleging a conspiracy to raise egg prices in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act. Obtained completed defense verdict in both trials. In re: Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 2:08-md-02002, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Counsel for major electric utility in successfully defending against securities fraud claims arising from public corruption investigation. Nickerson v. American Electric Power Co., No. 2:20-cv-4243, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 242502 (S.D. Ohio Dec. 20, 2021).
- Counsel for real estate investment trust in successfully defending against securities fraud claims. Boynton Beach Firefighters’ Pension Fund v. HCP, Inc., No. 3:16-cv-1106, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 203180 (N.D. Ohio Nov. 22, 2019).
- Counsel for public officials in defending against civil rights claims. Daily Servs., LLC v. Valentino, 751 F.3d 893 (6th Cir. 2014).
- Lead attorney for defendants in patent law malpractice action arising from prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications. Davis v. Brouse McDowell, L.P.A., 596 F.3d 1355 (Fed. Cir. 2010).
- Counsel for utility company in defending environmental enforcement action brought by the USEPA. United States v. Cinergy, 623 F.3d 966 (7th Cir. 2010).
- Counsel for special committee of a board of a publicly-held natural gas provider investigating shareholder claims against the company’s directors and officers.
- Counsel for special committee of a board of a publicly-held retailer investigating shareholder derivative claims against the company’s directors and officers.
- Conducted internal investigation and successful resolution of contract fraud claims against a NASA prime contractor.
- Conducted internal investigation into contract fraud claims against a military prime contractor.