- Defending manufacturer of heavy lifting equipment in workplace injury lawsuit.
- Obtained partial summary judgment and a favorable resolution for a manufacturer of personal water craft in significant injury case involving a minor plaintiff.
- Defended manufacturer of home and personal care products against complaint alleging a defective formulation of hair conditioner caused an allergic reaction and permanent brain damage.
- Represented manufacturer of side-by-side vehicle in all aspects of product liability litigation in various Ohio state courts.
- Obtained favorable settlement for motorcycle manufacturer in significant personal injury case after extensive discovery and partial summary judgment for the manufacturer.
- Represented manufacturer of alcoholic beverages in case involving claims concerning the allegedly defective formulation of and warnings on the product.
- Achieved partial dismissal, limited certification of a class and favorable resolution on behalf of pharmaceutical company in class action involving warranty claims arising from packaging of product.
- Obtained favorable result in state appellate court for manufacturer of tractor equipment and off-road vehicles concerning consumer warranty claim.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of motorcycle manufacturer after completion of several discovery depositions and summary judgment motion.
- Advised manufacturers concerning warranty language, advertising and responding to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Advising healthcare provider regarding general liability, privacy, fraud and anti-kickback concerns.
- Representing healthcare company in multi-district litigation arising from allegedly defective design and inadequate warning concerning medical device.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of hospital in premises liability case involving personal injury.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of healthcare client in cases involving, breach of contract, personal injury, or privacy concerns.
Banking & Finance
- Advising creditors regarding various avenues for collection and compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Represented creditors in action to revoke the bankruptcy court’s discharge of an individual with numerous ownership and business interests.
- Represented secured creditor in priority dispute spanning multiple state trial and appellate courts.
- Represented creditor in preliminary injunction action to preclude fraudulent transfer of debtor’s assets.
- Defended real estate company in collection actions pending throughout Ohio and negotiated workout agreement with multiple parties.
- Obtained partial summary judgment and favorable appellate decisions on behalf of national bank serving as trustee of multi-million-dollar trust in multiple state cases alleging fraud, undue influence, and unjust enrichment.
- Represented companies seeking to enforce their trademark rights in federal court and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Defended insurance broker in coverage dispute concerning the insured’s business personal property destroyed in a fire.
- Represented purchaser of commercial rendering business in successful trial against seller for breach of contract.
- Represented companies in commercial lease disputes.
- Defending trustees of multi-million dollar trust against claims brought by various beneficiaries in multiple state courts.
- Represented institutional trustees to resolve disputes in accordance with the grantor’s intent and to the satisfaction of beneficiaries.
- Obtained summary judgment and favorable appellate decisions on behalf of executor and trustee in will contest action.