Elizabeth concentrates her practice primarily on resolving commercial disputes and product liability cases. She is a member of Porter Wright’s Product Liability, Intellectual Property Litigation and Business Competition Practice Groups. In state and federal court, Elizabeth has experience in all aspects of litigation from early evaluation of potential claims to writing appellate briefs.
In the area of product liability, Elizabeth has significant experience defending a wide variety of products. She has represented manufacturers and suppliers of motorcycles, off-road vehicles, personal watercraft, component parts, health/beauty products, beverages and dietary supplements. She has represented manufacturers subject to individual product liability actions as well as class actions.
Elizabeth also represents clients in a variety of businesses and industries in commercial and intellectual property litigation. She has counseled clients in disputes with large and small competitors over trade secrets, trademarks, and trade dress. In particular, she has prosecuted trade dress packaging and design claims on behalf of clients. She also has appeared before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Smith College (B.A., 2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Minorities in the Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Committee
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2009, 2016-2018
- Order of the Curia
- Smith College Club of Columbus
- Porter Wright, Diversity Committee
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Landlord Tenant Clinic, Volunteer