Elizabeth concentrates her practice primarily on resolving commercial disputes and product liability cases. She is a member of Porter Wright’s Product Liability, Health Care and E-Discovery Practice Groups. In state and federal court, Elizabeth has experience in all aspects of litigation from early evaluation of potential claims to writing appellate briefs.
In the area of product liability, Elizabeth has significant experience defending a wide variety of recreational products as well as personal care and pharmaceutical products. She has represented manufacturers and suppliers of motorcycles, off-road vehicles, personal watercraft, component parts, health/beauty products, beverages and dietary supplements. She has represented manufacturers subject to individual product liability actions as well as class actions.
In addition to her product liability practice, Elizabeth represents a variety of businesses and industries in commercial litigation. She has represented hospitals and other medical care providers in breach of contract actions. She has counseled clients in disputes with their competitors over trade secrets and intellectual property. Elizabeth’s practice also extends into the financial sector with her experience representing commercial creditors and debtors in complex collection matters and in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
Elizabeth supports the legal profession through several community and civic organizations. She volunteers for the Columbus Legal Aid Society, serves on the Columbus Bar Association’s Minorities in the Law Committee and mentors female law students through the Capital University Law School’s Women in the Law Association.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Smith College (B.A., 2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Columbus Chapter, Board of Directors
- Columbus Bar Association, Minorities in the Law Committee
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Committee
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2009, 2016-2017
- Order of the Curia
- Smith College Club of Columbus
- Porter Wright, Diversity Committee
- Capital University Law School, Women’s Law Association, Mentor
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Landlord tenant Clinic, Volunteer
- YWCA Columbus, Volunteer