Elizabeth concentrates her practice on resolving complex commercial disputes and product liability cases. She is the chair of Porter Wright’s Product Liability Practice Group and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation and Business Competition Practice Groups. In state and federal court, Elizabeth has experience in all aspects of litigation from early evaluation of potential claims to writing appellate briefs.
In the area of product liability, Elizabeth has significant experience defending a wide variety of industrial, consumer and pharmaceutical products. She has represented manufacturers and suppliers of heavy-lifting equipment, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, personal watercraft, component parts, health and beauty products, beverages, drugs, medical devices and pet products. She has represented manufacturers subject to individual product liability actions, class actions and multi-district litigation.
Elizabeth also represents clients in a variety of businesses and industries in commercial and intellectual property litigation. She has tried contract and business tort cases. She has counseled clients in disputes with large and small competitors over trade secrets, trademarks, and trade dress – including the prosecution and defense of packaging and design claims. In addition, she has advised commercial debtors and creditors in complex collection litigation and priority disputes.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Smith College (B.A., 2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Minorities in the Law Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Committee
Honors & Awards
- Columbus Business First, 40 Under 40, 2020
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Leadership Institute, Class of 2018-2019
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2009, 2016-2021
- Order of the Curia
- Smith College Club of Columbus
- ProMusica Chamber Orchestra, Board of Trustees
- Porter Wright, Diversity Committee
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Landlord Tenant Clinic, Volunteer