Curt practices general corporate and securities law. He represents privately held companies and investors in a wide range of transactions including venture capital and private equity investments. His practice focuses on business organization, growth and finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities regulation, complex business contracts, executive compensation and business succession planning.
Curt spends significant time counseling boards of directors, CEOs and executive management teams regarding strategic business/legal issues and has gained substantial experience as a member of several boards of directors of public and private corporations. He has represented several companies that have experienced significant growth and development, such as CheckFree Corporation (acquired by Fiserv), Rocky Brands, Inc., Tween Brands, Inc. (acquired by Dress Barn), and Applied Innovation, Inc. (acquired by Kentrox), Veeam Software Corporation and Highlights for Children.
Curt currently serves on the board of directors of Rocky Brands, Inc. and previously served on the boards of several other public and private companies. He has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law for more than 10 consecutive years and in Chambers USA in the area of Corporate Law/M&A. He is a founding member, board member and past president of the Columbus chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth.
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1973)
- Ohio University (B.B.A., cum laude, 1968)
- Supreme Court of the United States
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2016, 2018
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, Ohio
- Association for Corporate Growth, Service Partner Award, 2007
- Association for Corporate Growth, President, 2010-2012; Board Member 2005-present
- Ohio University College of Business, Executive Advisory Board, 2000-2010
- Business Technology Center (now Rev 1), Board Member, 1995-2005
- Conway Center for Family Business, Service Provider Member