Allen focuses his practice on complex business and corporate litigation and represents companies of all sizes in a variety of high-stakes matters, including those involving antitrust issues and commercial disputes.
His civil trial experience extends to bench and jury trials, in state and federal courts. His experience in the area of competition and antitrust law has focused on class action and multi-district litigation. Most recently, he served as part of a trial team that successfully defended antitrust claims in a series of six-week jury trials. He also counsels clients on antitrust and price gouging statute compliance.
Allen has broad-based experience in commercial matters large and small, representing plaintiffs and defendants. He currently serves as national counsel for a Fortune 20 company in its commercial collection litigation, and serves as Ohio counsel for another large company in similar matters. In addition to those roles, Allen is experienced in high-value, one-off collection and breach of contract litigation. In this arena, he has litigated complex cases involving alter ego, successor liability and piercing the corporate veil theories.
Allen regularly represents pro bono clients in the Franklin County Tenant Advocacy Project, advocates on behalf of victims of domestic violence as part of the Family Advocacy Clinic, and volunteers to serve as a judge in high school, college and law school moot court competitions.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021 - 2021
- Ohio High School Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer Judge
- Tenant Advocacy Project, Legal Aid Society of Columbus