Tim chairs the Banking and Finance Practice Group at Porter Wright and works with many different types of lenders and borrowers. He is experienced in financings involving with administrative agents, lenders and corporate borrowers in syndicated, large corporate, commercial and industrial, asset-based and middle-market credit facilities, loan restructuring, leveraged and acquisition financing, ESOP credit facilities, recapitalizations and multi-state and cross-border financing.
His practice encompasses a diverse group of industries and owners including retail, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, specialty finance, mortgage companies, distributors, industrial, agribusiness, grocery chains and chemical companies. In addition, he advises clients regarding letters of credit and swap transactions, and conducts seminars on secured transactions under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1979)
- Northern Arizona University (M.A., 1973)
- Bradley University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1972)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association, Commercial Financial Services Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Committee
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Banking and Finance, Band One, Ohio
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers®, Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Equipment Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law
- Best Lawyers®, Financial Services Regulation Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2018
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2017
- Best Lawyers®, Banking & Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2014
- IFLR 1000