Steve has more than 20 years of experience in complex business litigation involving economic development, commercial real estate transactions and employment-related disputes. A former state and federal prosecutor, Steve assists clients in inquiries by government agencies and has extensive experience conducting internal investigations. He also is well-versed in criminal defense, probate and securities-related litigation.
In addition to his legal career, Steve has dedicated much of his life to public service. He is a veteran of the Peace Corps and the U.S. Army Reserve (mobilized on active duty with XVIII Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg). Steve was appointed to Cincinnati City Council in the wake of the city’s historic 2020 corruption scandal. He served with distinction, passing wide-ranging ethics reforms and a COVID-relief budget, and increasing funding for public safety.
A past trustee of the Southern Ohio Regional Transportation Authority and a member of many high-profile non-profit boards, Steve serves on the Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission and the USO Ohio board. He is a leader in the efforts to preserve the King Records building and tell the story of Cincinnati’s rich music heritage to the rest of the country.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 1992)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Cincinnati City Council, Member, 2020-2021
- United States Army Reserve, 2003-2013
- Peace Corps of the United States, 1994-1995
- Center for Addiction Treatment, Chairman of Board of Trustees, 2010-2020
- River City Correctional Center, Trustee and Past Chairman, 2010-2020
- Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission, City of Cincinnati Representative, 2021-present
- Hamilton County Public Defender Commission, Trustee, 2010-2020
- King Records, Treasurer of Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- USO-Ohio, Board Member, 2019-present
- Association of Ohio Commodores, Member of the Executive Order, 2012-present
- Southern Ohio Regional Transit Authority, Trustee, 2005-2008