Bob has a proven track record representing publicly-traded and large privately-held companies in federal securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law issues. Along with representing clients on general corporate matters and business transactions, he also advises them on securities registrations, ongoing securities reporting and compliance, proxy statements, stock exchange compliance, executive compensation plans, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Bob also counsels energy clients on corporate and financing issues related to power generation facilities, power transmission, the operation of pipeline systems for the transportation of petroleum products, and the development, production, and transportation of energy resources. In addition to his active corporate practice, Bob presently serves as the firm’s managing partner.
He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, has been recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and in 2013 was selected as one of Ohio’s top attorneys in Corporate/M&A law by Chambers USA.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1987)
- The Ohio State University (B.S.B.A., cum laude, 1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Chambers USA, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Ohio
- Association for Corporate Growth, Service Partner Award, 2009
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40, Class of 1997
- Columbus Junior Chamber of Commerce, Outstanding Young Citizen, 1997
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- United Way of Central Ohio, Board Member
- Ohio Business Roundtable
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, National Council
- Columbus State Community College Foundation, Board Member, Nominating Committee Chair
- BalletMet Columbus, Board Member
- The Wellington School, Board Member and Development Chair
- The Ohio Historical Society, Development Council Member and past Chair
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 1996