Rick is the chair of the firm's Corporate Department and has over 30 years of experience counseling emerging businesses and seasoned private companies in general business matters, choice of entity, corporate governance, federal and state securities law compliance, strategic partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions. He also represents lenders and borrowers in asset-based lending transactions and acquisition financing.
In the health care industry, Rick has counseled physician groups and health care entities in all aspects of their businesses, including corporate governance, strategic relationships, affiliations and securities law compliance matters.
He lectures extensively about the Ohio Limited Liability Company Act and choice of entity issues.
Rick is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law and has been recognized in Ohio Super Lawyers.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1985)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1980)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Best Lawyers in America ® “Lawyer of the Year,” Corporate Law, Columbus, Ohio, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Columbus Junior Chamber of Commerce, Outstanding Young Citizen Award, 1994
- United School Network, Past Chairman and President
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 1994
- The Ohio Division of Securities, Exemptions Law Committee
- The Godman Guild Association, past President and Board Member
- Camp Mary Orton, Development Board, Former Member