For nearly 30 years, Mike has represented buyers, sellers, issuers, and investors in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and private placements. He has built his practice counseling clients in a range of industries including health care, manufacturing, hospitality, retail and insurance. Mike represents public and private companies in structuring and negotiating mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures. He also provides counsel on general corporate matters and transactions as well as on business formation and growth, and private equity.
Throughout his career, Mike has helped his clients achieve their long-term business goals by providing innovative solutions to even the most complex matters, including several where hundreds of millions of dollars were at stake. What sets Mike apart is his ability to understand all sides of a transaction, which allows him to anticipate what issues might arise and plan accordingly. This proactive approach is not only cost effective but saves time and other resources.
Mike has the added experience of working as in-house counsel where he provided legal services to a group of multi-media companies. In addition to handling matters related to corporate governance and raising capital, Mike coordinated outside counsel, which gives him a unique perspective when working with his clients’ in-house and outside counsel. Additionally, Mike gained invaluable experience when he clerked for both the attorney general of Pennsylvania and the district attorney of Allegheny County.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Allegheny College (B.S., 1988)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Antitrust Law Section
- Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, Board of Directors, Executive Vice Chair
- United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Tocqueville Society of Donors, Leadership Committee of the United for Seniors Initiative
- American Red Cross Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, former general counsel to Board of Directors
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, Reading Buddy