Mac is a commercial litigator representing business clients in several industries in state and federal court. He has experience in contract disputes, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, financial services litigation, trusts and probate litigation, class action litigation, and civil rights actions against public entities and private entities providing government services. He serves clients in all phases of litigation, including pre-litigation investigations, preparation of pleadings, fact and expert discovery, motion practice, mediation and settlement, court hearings, and appeals. Mac values providing personalized service to his clients and strives to learn their business, culture and goals so he can best represent them in court.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Mac was a judicial law clerk to U.S. Magistrate Judge Thomas M. Parker in the Northern District of Ohio in Cleveland, a staff attorney at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Atlanta, and an extern for District Judge Christopher A. Boyko in the Northern District of Ohio in Cleveland. He attended Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he was a senior editor of the CWRU Law Review and instructed an ESL dissertation writing class as an Honors Fellow for the Doctor of Juridical Science program.
In the community, he is a member of the Cuyahoga County Landlords Association. Mac is also a volunteer teacher for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s 3Rs program, where he draws upon his past experience as a writing instructor and ESL teacher. Mac also serves as an editor for the Sixth Circuit section of the American Bar Association’s annual class action survey.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2016)
- Denison University (B.A., 2011)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- William K. Thomas Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Sidney H. Moss Award for Evidence Scholarship
- Harry A. and Sarah Blachman Award for Government Improvement Scholarship
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Legal Writing, Evidence, Health Law, Financial Institutions Regulation and E-Payment Systems
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 3Rs Program Teacher
- Cuyahoga County Landlords Association
- National Eagle Scout Association