Marve Ann co-chairs both the Trust, Estate Planning and Personal Wealth Practice Group and the Probate, Trust and Guardianship Litigation Practice Group at Porter Wright. Marve Ann focuses her practice in estate planning and wealth preservation in the firm’s Naples, Florida office. She has more than 20 years of experience in estate and charitable gift planning, probate and trust administration as well as estate and trust litigation and guardianship. Marve Ann focuses on conflict avoidance and cooperative problem solving as foundational elements of an estate plan, as family dynamics can often complicate an already stressful time.
She is a Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates lawyer and has served as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator. In addition to representing private clients, Marve Ann has also represented local, regional and national charities, nonprofits, and both private and public universities in shepherding their charitable gifts.
She frequently lectures on a variety of estate planning and probate litigation topics. She has also been interviewed by writers for various outlets including CNBC and has been quoted in articles published in national and regional newspapers and magazines.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M., with highest honors, 1998)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1997)
- University of Florida (B.S., with honors, 1993)
- University of Florida (A.A., with highest honors, 1991)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- Collier County Bar Association, Trust and Estates Section
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, Inc., President-elect
- Lee County Bar Association, Trust and Estates Section
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section; Guardianship Law Committee, Member; Elective Share Ad Hoc Committee, Member
Honors & Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers®
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2010-2012
- Lee County Bar Association, Pro Bono Service Award, 2009
- Gulfshore Life, Five Star Wealth Manager
- Naples Illustrated, Top Lawyer 2019
- National Kidney Foundation of Florida, Inc., Vice President
- Ave Maria School of Law Estate Planning Conference: Conference Co-Chair, 2018; Speaker Selection Subcommittee, Co-Chair, 2016-2017
- Chi Omega Fraternity, Pi Mu Chapter, Financial Advisor
- Girl Scouts Gulf Coast Florida, Volunteer
- Girls Going Places, Entrepreneurship Conference Mentor, 2018