Larry serves as the partner-in-charge of Porter Wright’s Tampa office. He concentrates his trial practice in professional business disputes involving trade secrets and restrictive covenants, professional liability defense, third-party insurance coverage, qui tam and health care fraud.
Larry has extensive experience in litigation and resulting trials arising from professional business disputes involving restrictive covenant/trade secret cases. Larry is one of the few attorneys in Florida who has tried restrictive covenant cases to a jury. In one case, he and his team were able to recover damages, exemplary damages and attorneys’ fees from the breaching parties.
In the area of professional liability, Larry's practice focuses on the litigation and trial defense of professional malpractice claims against insurance agents and attorneys. He has defended in excess of 350 professional liability claims during his career. He is recognized as the preferred defense counsel by a number of insurers, law firms, insurance agencies and the Florida Association of Insurance Agents (FAIA).
In the area of insurance coverage, Larry provides counseling and trial representation to insurers and insureds in third-party insurance coverage disputes. In this regard, he has successfully litigated numerous declaratory judgment actions in state and federal courts. In the area of health care fraud, Larry has handled the defense of high-profile False Claims Act qui tam actions in which he has obtained summary judgments for his clients.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1990)
- University of South Florida (B.A., cum laude, 1987)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of the United States
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Florida Association of Insurance Agents
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, Past Chairman
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Stetson University College of Law Paul M. May Meritorious Service Award
- Tampa Bay Partnership CEO Direct Program
- Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers, former member
- Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers; Stetson Spring and Fall Moot Court, 2001-2010