Brad represents clients in a variety of litigation contexts, including appeals, original actions and commercial litigation. He co-chairs the firm’s Appellate Practice Group and is an active member of the Energy Practice Group. Brad is co-editor of the firm’s Ohio Appellate Insights blog.
Brad assists utilities, oil and gas companies, and other entities in appeals before the Supreme Court of Ohio and in matters before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO). Further, Brad has advised wireless telecommunications carriers on new cell site deployment to build out legacy and state-of-the-art wireless technologies. This includes administrative permitting proceedings, zoning and rights-of-way disputes, and litigation in federal courts arising under applicable federal laws.
After graduating from the University of Dayton School of Law, Brad clerked for former Ohio Supreme Court Justice Deborah L. Cook. Due to his clerkship at the Ohio Supreme Court, Brad participates in many of the firm’s cases there, assisting co-counsel with jurisdictional memoranda, merit briefs, original actions and preparations for oral argument.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Kenyon College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Appellate Advocacy Committee
Honors & Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association, Best Brief Award for “Best Private Briefs,” April 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Maple Grove United Methodist Church, Finance Committee Co-Chair, NewSong Choir
- Ohioana Library Association, Board of Trustees, 2010-2016, 2023