Kelsey is an associate in the firm’s Labor & Employment Department. Her employment law experience includes defending employers in the financial services, health care and manufacturing industries in claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA); and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Kelsey has also prepared position statements for employers in response to charges from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC).
She has represented employers before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and defended Violations of Specific Safety Regulations (VSSR) claims for companies in the transportation and food service industries, and for public entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Kelsey was a judicial extern to Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor and also a judicial extern for the United States District Court of the Southern District of Ohio Judge Sarah D. Morrison.
Kelsey completed her law degree at Capital University Law School, where she was editor-in-chief of the Capital University Law Review Volume 50.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2022)
- Temple University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Contracts
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Criminal Law