Jourdan practices in a wide variety of labor and employment law areas. She has experience defending discrimination and retaliation charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. Jourdan also assists with Title IX matters, including investigations where she conducts interviews, analyzes evidence presented by all parties and documents her findings for the client. She represents clients in labor negotiations and counsels clients regarding collective bargaining agreements, unfair labor practices and union avoidance matters.
She helps clients with compliance matters and best practices in areas including discipline and terminations, Title VII, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Jourdan held a fellowship in the Office of Legal Affairs at The Ohio State University where she provided in-house counsel on policies and practices and other matters affecting public sector employers, including collective bargaining, civil service laws and first amendment issues. During law school, Jourdan served as a law clerk for the Civil Division of the Columbus City Attorney and held a Judicial Externship for the Honorable Judge Robert G. Montgomery for the Franklin County Probate Court.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2014)
- The Ohio State University John Glenn School of Public Affairs (M.A., 2014)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Level 2 Title IX, Certified Investigator
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2023