Josh represents a wide variety of businesses and individuals engaged in the acquisition, development, leasing, ownership, operation, construction, financing and disposition of real estate. Josh also represents clients in corporate matters and business transactions involving contracts, intellectual property, the structuring of transactions and ownership interests, documentary stamp tax matters, obtaining land use permits, negotiating and administering construction contracts, obtaining construction and long-term financing, licensing and leasing. He represents clients in a wide range of commercial litigation disputes involving contractual and business disputes, real estate ownership and title defect litigation.
Josh works with medical professionals with the establishing, purchasing and sales of medical practices. He works with clients who wish to create holding companies and conduit and professional entities, during conversion of medical practices to concierge practices, and the drafting and review stages of real estate and medical equipment leases. In addition, he works to resolve labor and employment issues related to medical practices, including non-compete provisions, non-solicitation provisions, and compensation, benefits and termination issues.
He works with banks and other financial institutions on a range of matters from helping to structure, negotiate, document and close their most important financing transactions to offering sophisticated counsel and guidance on complex financing questions. His experience includes representing lenders in first mortgages, equity lines, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions, asset based lending, syndicated loans, refinancing of credit facilities, tax credit financings and creditors' rights matters.
Josh is Board Certified in the area of Real Estate law by The Florida Bar. Additionally, he achieved the AV Preeminent Rating – the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell® – and has been included on the Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- University of Albany, State University of New York (B.A., magna cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Collier County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Naples Illustrated, Top Lawyers, Real Estate Law
- Cardozo Legal Society of the Jewish Federation of Collier County, Chair
- Jewish Federation of Collier County, Board of Directors
- Collier County Medical Society Foundation, Board of Directors
- Holocaust Museum & Education Center of Southwest Florida, former Board Member
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society of Naples, Founder