John is an attorney in Porter Wright’s Columbus office and a member of the firm’s Government and Regulatory Affairs team. Drawing on his three consecutive terms as a Representative in the Ohio General Assembly, John serves as a ready resource for clients interested in advancing their business interests with local government officials, before the Ohio Statehouse and the U.S. Congress. During his time in the legislature, John served as the ranking member of the Insurance Committee, Vice Chair of the Finance Committee, Vice Chair of the Health and Aging Committee and served as an appointee to the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (JCARR). John counsels corporate and individual clients on a variety of issues. He is particularly focused on health care law and concentrates in the area of physician practices.
His experience includes counseling clients regarding medical practice formation and acquisition, employment issues, contract review and preparation, fraud and abuse, Stark Law, Medicare and corporate compliance.
He also has represented physicians and other health care professionals in licensing board investigations and hearings.
As a result of John’s combined health law and legislative experience, he possesses unique insight on collaborative and creative governmental problem solving, which significantly benefit the firm’s clients.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1998)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition, 2007-2013
- County Engineers Association, Legislator of the Year, 2013
- Ohio Association of Justice, Legislator of the Year, 2013
- Central Ohio Association of Justice, Legislator of the Year, 2013
- Central OEA/NEA, Friend of Education Award, 2013
- AIDS Resource Center of Ohio, Spirit of Healing Award, 2013
- Mid-Ohio District Nurses Association, Legislator of the Year, 2011
- Voices for Ohio Children Award, 2011
- Friend of Education Award, Worthington Education Association, 2010
- Ohio Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics, Antoninette Parsi Eaton Award, 2010
- ARC of Ohio, Freshman Legislator of the Year, 2009
- Columbus Business First, Forty Under 40
- State Representative, 22nd District, Ohio General Assembly (2009-2014)