Jessica is a litigator who focuses her career representing clients in the insurance, legal and healthcare industries.
Jessica's extensive insurance experience includes defending insurance agencies, managing general agents (MGAs), third party adjusters (TPAs), surplus lines brokers and other insurance professionals from errors and omissions and breach of contract claims. In addition to defending professional liability claims, Jessica represents these professionals in contractual disputes with carriers involving underwriting guideline compliance and indemnity disputes under agency management agreements. She also provides counsel to insurers construing insurance policies and has litigated numerous declaratory judgment actions on behalf of domestic and foreign insurers. Jessica's comprehensive experience helps her to understand the industry from a unique perspective and execute the right litigation strategy for the client's particular need.
Jessica also brings extensive experience representing attorneys and law firms in defense of legal malpractice claims. In addition, she has considerable experience defending healthcare companies in high-profile and high-stakes litigation asserted under the False Claims Act and other federal statutes.
Jessica litigates cases in state and federal court and private arbitrations.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1999)
- Stetson University (B.A., 1995)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of the United States
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section; Trial Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, Member, 2017-2018; Chair, 2019
- Federal Bar Association, Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, Member, 2020-2021; Diversity and Inclusion Task Force, Member, 2019-2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, Former Member, Board of Directors; Former Officer
- Litigation Counsel of America, Litigation Fellow
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Defense Research Institute
- ARIAS-U.S., Women’s Resource Committee Member, 2020-2022
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition
- Tampa Bay Business Journal, Businesswoman of the Year, Finalist, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent
- Junior League of Tampa, Member/Volunteer
- Girl Scout Troop, Volunteer
- Metropolitan Ministries, Volunteer