James practices in the labor and employment group, specifically in the area of business immigration.
He works with employers and individuals to process and monitor nonimmigrant and permanent resident matters, resolve immigration status issues, and ensure compliance with federal law and regulations.
James previously worked for Porter Wright as a paralegal, also in business immigration, from 1999 to 2005. He has experience in electronic discovery, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, civil litigation, foreclosure defense and administrative appeals. He has served as a volunteer for the Interfaith Legal Clinic and provided pro bono assistance for indigent clients.
- Capital University Law School (J.D., 2005)
- University of Akron (M.A., 1995)
- University of Akron (B.A., 1991)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Colorado State Bar Association