Hoyt is an associate in the Litigation Department and focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has experience in litigating breach of contract claims including non-compete, non-solicitation agreements and replevin actions. In the area of professional liability defense, Hoyt focuses on the defense of professional malpractice claims brought against insurance agents and attorneys. Hoyt also has experience in flood insurance litigation, litigation defense in employment law, premises liability, professional negligence and other general liability areas.
Before becoming a lawyer, Hoyt was an assistant vice president at one of the country's largest certified development companies administering SBA 504 loans, where he handled lending and government affairs.
Hoyt also interned for the Honorable Michael G. Williamson, Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida and worked for the Veterans Law Institute at the Stetson University College of Law.
Hoyt remains active in the community, serving by appointment from the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners on the Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) Citizens Advisory Committee.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- University of Tampa (M.B.A., 2010)
- Florida State University (B.S., 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America®
- Leadership Tampa Bay, Class of 2024
- The Williams F. Blews Award for exemplary pro bono service
- National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist and best brief award
- Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization, Citizens Advisory Committee
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority, Citizens Advisory Committee, former member
- Gasparilla Bowl, Finance Committee, former member