Greg focuses his practice on executive compensation and employee benefits matters for publicly traded and privately held companies and nonprofit organizations. He has extensive experience assisting business owners with their succession planning needs through the implementation of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
Greg’s executive compensation and employee benefits experience consists of assisting employers with design, implementation, and compliance issues related to qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, stock and non-stock based incentive programs, employment agreements, severance agreements, and change-in-control and parachute agreements. He provides advice related to ERISA fiduciary and 409A compliance and strategic planning, including advising companies on compensation and benefits issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and spinoffs. Greg also assists employers with benefit plan correction programs offered by the Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service.
Greg’s ESOP experience consists of assisting companies with the design and implementation of ESOPs and representing companies in stock purchase transactions involving the company, sellers, and the ESOP. Greg also assists both companies and lenders in connection with loans made to ESOP-owned companies. He provides ongoing counsel to ESOP-owned companies, assisting with ERISA fiduciary questions and with the implementation of incentive compensation arrangements that facilitate an employee ownership culture.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2004)
- Miami University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2001)
- The ESOP Association
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association, Pension Advisory Committee; Employee Benefits Committee, Chair 2011-2013
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2019
- St. Christopher Parish, Young Professionals Group
- Kiwanis Club of Columbus
- Columbus Young Professionals Club, Education Coordinator, 2013-2017
- Miami University Alumni Association, Officer 2009-2013