You Can’t Stop Change: Recent Developments in Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Regulation and Litigation
Join Porter Wright partner Chad Mowery for the Northeast Ohio ARMA's Monthly Educational Session where he will present "You Can’t Stop Change: Recent Developments in Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Regulation and Litigation."
In this virtual presentation, Chad will cover examples of the new statutory requirements states are placing on organizations around data privacy and the new claims that organizations are seeing in data privacy/cybersecurity litigation. He will also explore the hidden connections between the two set of developments, which, on their face, can seem very different. Chad will share some helpful tips on what organizations can do now to efficiently tackle both compliance with the new state laws and preparation for new litigation at the same time.
Attendees will leave this program with:
- An understanding of the newest data privacy laws and the increasing amount of data to which those laws apply.
- An appreciation of the rights of data subjects in the data an organization holds about them.
- An awareness of the new lawsuits being brought against organizations based on older, almost unrelated statutes.
- Cognizance of the connections between the prior three points in order to focus efforts to address them all.
- Identification of best practices and practical tips that can be taken back to organizations and utilized to prepare their response to these growing issues
Register here; the program is free to attend.