Eric handles a variety of complex business and corporate litigation matters involving energy law, environmental law and consumer law.
Eric’s environmental practice focuses on advising clients regarding Clean Air Act compliance, reviewing draft permits, appealing final permits to the Environmental Review Appeals Commission, submitting comments on proposed state and federal rulemakings, helping prepare petitions for reinstatement of debarred companies and helping to defend clients in administrative and judicial enforcement proceedings.
Eric’s public utilities practice focuses on representing public utilties in rulemaking, ratemaking and complaint case proceedings before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio and the Ohio Supreme Court.
He also regularly lectures on the application of the attorney-client privilege and work-product doctrines under Ohio and federal law.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1999)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2010-2011, 2013-2015