David is a mechanical engineer and former assistant district attorney who has successfully litigated complex matters before federal and state trial and appellate courts. He has tried numerous matters to jury verdict and has broad experience at all stages of litigation. He represents high-profile clients in matters of national and international scope.
David’s practice has included litigation related to: allegations of design, manufacture and installation defects; performance specifications; construction; project management; delay and disruption claims; supply chain and logistics issues; and other engineering matters. David’s commercial litigation experience also extends to international arbitrations, defense of class actions, False Claims Act defense, government investigations, CERCLA, consumer litigation, and proactive counseling to reduce or avoid claims. David served as a clerk with the Seventh Circuit for two years.
David has managed the development and presentation of crucial expert testimony related to structural, electrical and mechanical engineering, construction methods, metallurgy, chemistry, project management, damages and forensic accounting. He is a member of the Engineering Society of Western Pennsylvania. As an undergraduate researcher, he contributed new findings to the field of fluid mechanics.
David is the assistant secretary and corporate legal advisor for the humanitarian agency Malteser International Americas, advising the organization on their emergency relief and long-term development programs throughout North, Central and South America and the Caribbean. He serves on the Board of Pittsburgh Opera and is an adjunct professor at Duquesne Law. In addition, he has helped to save an asylum claimant from deportation, successfully pursued civil rights claims, mediated prisoner disputes, supported veterans with diverse legal needs, observed demonstrations in defense of the First Amendment and helped with legal issues surrounding artistic exhibitions.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 2006)
- George Washington Scholar; International Law Review; Chair, Moot Court
- University of Notre Dame (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation and Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, 2021-2022
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star Edition, 2013-2016
- Malteser International Americas, Assistant Secretary and Corporate Legal Advisor
- Pittsburgh Opera, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Duquesne Law School, Adjunct Professor of Appellate Practice and Procedure, 2012-2021
- Engineers’ Society of Western Pennsylvania Member, 2018-present
- Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh, Member