David is a mechanical engineer and former state prosecutor who has successfully litigated complex matters before federal and state trial courts and the federal appellate courts. He has tried numerous matters to jury verdict and has broad experience in motions practice, expert practice, and intensive discovery. He represents high-profile clients in matters of national and international scope.
David’s practice includes commercial litigation related to design, manufacture, and installation defects, performance specifications, construction defects, delay and disruption claims, supply contracts and other engineering matters. David’s experience also includes class action defense, False Claims Act defense, government investigation, CERCLA, consumer credit litigation and proactive counseling to reduce or avoid claims. He has managed the development and presentation of crucial expert testimony related to structural, electrical and mechanical engineering, construction methods, metallurgy, chemistry, project management, consumer credit and forensic accounting. David also served as a clerk with the Seventh Circuit for two years.
David is a member of the board of directors of Pittsburgh Opera. He has been an adjunct professor at Duquesne Law for more than five years. He has devoted pro bono work to veterans, asylum claimants, artists and civil rights claimants.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 2006)
- George Washington Scholar; International Law Review; Chair, Moot Court
- University of Notre Dame (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2016
- Pittsburgh Opera, Board of Directors, 2017-2019
- Duquesne Law School, Adjunct Professor of Appellate Practice and Procedure, 2012-2019
- Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania Member, 2018-2019