David is a mechanical engineer and former assistant district attorney who has successfully litigated complex matters before federal and state trial courts and the federal appellate courts. He has tried numerous matters to jury verdict and has broad experience at all stages of litigation. He represents high-profile clients in matters of national and international scope.
David’s practice has included national and international litigation related to design, manufacture, and installation defects, performance specifications, construction, project management, delay and disruption claims, supply chain and logistics issues, and other engineering matters. David’s commercial litigation experience extends to large international arbitrations, defense of class actions, False Claims Act defense, government investigations, CERCLA, consumer credit litigation, and proactive counseling to reduce or avoid claims. These matters have involved sophisticated pre- and post-trial motions practice, intensive discovery, and the management and analysis of millions of documents. David also served as a clerk with the Seventh Circuit for two years.
David has managed the development and presentation of crucial expert testimony related to structural, electrical and mechanical engineering, construction methods, metallurgy, chemistry, project management, consumer credit, damages, and forensic accounting. He is a member of the Engineering Society of Western Pennsylvania. As an undergraduate researcher, he contributed new findings to the field of fluid mechanics.
David is a member of the board of directors of Pittsburgh Opera. He is also an adjunct professor at Duquesne Law. David has committed to providing pro bono legal services to a variety of underserved populations. He has helped to save an asylum claimant from deportation, successfully pursued civil rights claims, mediated prisoner disputes, supported veterans with diverse legal needs, observed demonstrations in defense of the First Amendment, and helped with legal issues surrounding artistic exhibitions.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 2006)
- George Washington Scholar; International Law Review; Chair, Moot Court
- University of Notre Dame (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2003)
- All-American attorney, mock trial
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2016
- Pittsburgh Opera, Board of Directors, 2017-2019
- Duquesne Law School, Adjunct Professor of Appellate Practice and Procedure, 2012-2019
- Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania Member, 2018-2019