Chris is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation Department focusing on construction and commercial business litigation. Chris has been involved in the successful resolution of claims in state and federal courts in both Ohio and Kentucky as well as multiple private arbitrations and mediations.
Chris’s pre-law background is firmly rooted in the construction industry. In 2003, he received his undergraduate degree in Construction Management from the University of Cincinnati. He worked for an ENR Top 500 Specialty Contractor as a project manager/estimator before and while attending law school. Chris has also served as an adjunct professor and volunteer in the University of Cincinnati’s Construction Management program since 2007.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Chris worked as a bond attorney for a national surety where he was involved in the investigation and disposition of complex claims against construction payment & performance bonds and also estate & guardianship bonds. He worked closely with outside counsel throughout the country and developed a first-hand understanding and perspective of client expectations.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- University of Cincinnati (B.S., with honors, 2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Kentucky Bar Association
- LEED Accredited Professional
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition
- The Center for Computer Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI), CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Constitution Law
- University of Cincinnati, College of Engineering & Applied Science, Adjunct Professor and Volunteer
- Allied Construction Industries