Andy chairs the Banking and Finance Practice Group at Porter Wright and advises lenders, administrative agents and borrowers in matters involving middle-market debt financings, broadly syndicated debt financings, asset-based lending, mezzanine debt and acquisition financings. Andy also handles a variety of real estate matters, with a particular emphasis on construction and permanent loans, leasing, and acquisitions and divestitures.
Andy has been named Columbus, Ohio’s “Lawyer of the Year” in 2021 by Best Lawyers® in the area of Commercial Finance Law. Additionally, he has been recognized as one of America's Leading Business Lawyers by Chambers USA in the area of Banking & Finance, by The Best Lawyers in America® as well as by Ohio Super Lawyers® — Rising Stars Edition.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 1998)
- Princeton University (A.B., 1993)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Commercial Finance Law, “Lawyer of the Year,” 2021
- Best Lawyers®, Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, and Corporate Law
- Chambers USA, Banking & Finance, Ohio
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, 2006-2007, 2009
- Princeton Club of Central Ohio, Board Member
- American Heart Association, Columbus Metro Young Professionals Board, past Board Member
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2006
- National Hemophilia Foundation, Central Ohio Chapter, past Board Member
Princeton University Men’s Varsity Soccer, 1989-1992