Admitted to practice in both the U.S. and the People’s Republic of China, Sunny is a corporate attorney who focuses her practice on international business matters and trade. She represents Chinese entities doing business in the U.S., as well as U.S. entities pursing investments and operating in China.
Sunny strategically applies a multicultural skill set to help her clients successfully achieve their goals. She has experience negotiating and structuring business transactions, as well as advising corporate executives in matters such as planning for the purchase of U.S. property by non-U.S. persons, transferring and protecting assets and wealth, and strategizing business succession planning.
While representing Chinese companies doing business in the U.S., Sunny has overseen legal operations including handling market entry, corporate compliance, import-export matters, employment, immigration and litigation.
Advising U.S. companies doing business in China, Sunny has counseled clients through market entry, corporate governance, intellectual property protection, regulatory compliance and Asia-Pacific strategic planning.
Sunny is active in several industry organizations, holding leadership roles in regional and national bar associations.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Widener University School of Law (LL.M., with honors, 2008)
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law (LL.M., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law (LL.B., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Sichuan International Studies University (B.A., 2005)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Officer, Former Member of Board of Directors
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Immediate Past Chair; Asian Bar Committee, Immediate Past Chair; Women in Law Division, Executive Council Member, Secretary
- Federal Bar Association, Western Pennsylvania Chapter, First Vice President, Secretary
- Pittsburgh Chinese Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Allegheny County Bar Association and Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Pro Bono Achievement Award, 2018
- Widener University School of Law, Lucinda Peipher Memorial Award, 2011
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Leadership Advancement Program 2020, fellow
- National Intermediate Translator Certification (English-Chinese)
- National Intermediate Interpreter Certification (English-Chinese)
- Mandarin Chinese, bilingual