Hunter is an associate in Porter Wright’s Litigation Department focusing his practice on complex commercial litigation. His experience includes working across industries on all aspects of dispute resolution – from early case assessment to the appellate level. Hunter diligently works with clients to find an efficient and favorable resolution to issues that arise throughout the litigation process.
Hunter has broad experience litigating intellectual property, trade secret, and business competition cases. In this context, Hunter has assisted clients in obtaining emergency injunctive relief on several occasions. Additionally, he has experience litigating shareholder derivative matters and also works with a team of Porter Wright lawyers that help a significant wireless carrier upgrade its nationwide wireless network.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Hunter served as a Law Clerk on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio for Magistrate Judge Norah McCann King as well as Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Preston Deavers. Hunter handled daily case management, motions and pretrial matters for civil cases. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable R. Guy Cole of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Hunter also served as a legal intern at the United State Department of Justice conducting research and drafting motions and memoranda regarding aspects of commercial litigation including government contract disputes, Veteran’s Affairs disputes and agency deference.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Honors & Awards
- Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Moot Court Competition, First Place, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Frank Distinguished Scholarship Recipient
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus, Tenant Advocacy Clinic, Naturalization Clinic