Combining her background in real estate with trial experience, Tara concentrates her practice in real estate litigation, eminent domain and complex litigation. She has experience in complex litigation cases with a focus on discovery, preparing motions and briefs, investigative discovery, management of expert witnesses, deposition preparation, and evidentiary hearing and trial preparation.
Tara has experience in the construction industry. She is skilled at reading blue prints and handling permit and building code issues. Additionally, Tara is currently taking the coursework necessary to obtain her Ohio real estate license.
Prior to joining Porter Wright, Tara’s practice focused in family law with an emphasis on high conflict, high asset divorce matters and post decree modification cases. While in law school, Tara served as the chief managing editor of the Ohio State Journal on Criminal Law and as a judicial extern to the Hon. Michael H. Watson of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Federalist Society, Columbus Chapter
Honors & Awards
- CALI Award of Excellence in Trial Practice
- Moritz Moot Court Competitions, Best Oral Advocate, 2016
- Moot Court Travel Team, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, San Francisco Region, 6th Best Oral Advocate, 2017
- Phi Sigma Theta